The conference will commence with a Mihi Whakatau at 8.45am on Thursday 22 September.
• Manuhiri (visitors) gather in the registration area (of the concourse) - 8.45am
• Tangata Whenua at the designated area – you will be directed
• Welcomed with a wero - kaiwero tamatāne with pouwhenua and walk forward.
• Progress forward when the pūtātara (conch shell) is sounded
• Waiata karanga, followed by a haka pōhiri. During this, progress forward
• Haka pōhiri finishes
• Kaikōrero o Tangata Whenua will speak, Te Haeata Awatea will come forward to sing a waiata tautoko
• Manuhiri will sing Te Aroha – words below
• Karakia from the Tangata Whenua will conclude the pōhiri.
• Please don't clap any haka or waiata Once the Mihi Whakatau has been completed, please make your way to level 4 to the members Gallery for the keynote address to commence the conference.
Me te Rangimarie
Tatou tatou e
School Sport New ZealandPO Box 621, Taranaki Mail CentreNew Plymouth email@example.com